5 Aphrodisiac Cocktails
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. Pretty soon, every bar will be featuring pink and red drinks with lovey-dovey names like “Cupid’s Arrow” or “True Love’s Kiss.” Not that there’s anything wrong with that; we love getting in the holiday spirit, and who doesn’t love a little romance? But there are tons of cutesy, heart-shaped Valentine’s Day candies and pretty pink drinks. So, why not offer something a little different that will really get your patrons in the low-light mood? Think outside the box and create an interesting V-Day list with aphrodisiac cocktails. Afterall, we’re all adults here.
An aphrodisiac is defined as “a food, drink, or drug that stimulates sexual desire.” Although the degree of their effectiveness is still up for debate, men and women have sought aphrodisiacs for centuries. Considered catalysts for love, these innovative ingredients can make a great addition to your Valentine’s Day cocktail menu.
Whether fact or myth, these aphrodisiac ingredients are sure to spice up your cocktail:
- hot chili peppers
- red wine
- chai tea
We realize this is a wide range of ingredients, so here are some recipes that will be sure to turn up the heat.
For hundreds of years, oysters have been considered a love catalyst. More recent research has shown that the zinc and amino acids in oysters may be what’s causing the libido boost.
Spicy Oyster Shooters
- 2 stalks of celery tips (with leaves)
- ¼ lemon
- 2 live blue point oysters
- 5 drops of Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon cocktail sauce
- 1 ounce Bloody Mary mix
- 1 ounce vodka divided
- Mix the Bloody Mary mix, Worcestershire sauce, cocktail sauce, and Tabasco drops.
- To remove outside grit, scrub oysters under cool running water. With the oyster flat side up, jab a small knife into the hinge to pop the oyster open. Drain the juice into the Bloody Mary mixture.
- Scrape the oysters away from the shells and drop them into each shot glass.
- Pour 1/2 oz vodka into each shot glass.
- Evenly divide the Bloody Mary mixture into each glass and squeeze with lemon juice.
- Garnish with the celery tip.
I don’t know about you, but when I think romance, I think chocolate covered strawberries. Plus, what’s more delicious?
Chocolate Covered Strawberry
- 4 parts vodka
- 2 parts strawberry liqueur
- 1 part white chocolate liqueur
- 1 whole chocolate
- 1 whole strawberry
- Fill shaker with ice cubes.
- Add all ingredients.
- Shake and strain into two cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with chocolate and a strawberry.
An avocado cocktail is definitely outside the box. The Aztecs believed that avocados increase fertility and boost stamina. It’s been said that men picked the avocados and women were kept inside for fear that the scent of avocados would drive them into a “passion frenzy.”
- 2 ounce light rum
- 2 ounce gold rum
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- ¼ medium-ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ ounce half-and-half
- 1 ½ cup ice
- Combine ingredients in blender.
- Blend for about 20 seconds.
- Divide between two cocktail glasses and serve.
Cinnamon is a great way to turn up the heat. Get the blood pumping with this chocolatey cinnamony concoction, courtesy of Hennessy VS.
- 1.5 oz Hennessy XO
- .5 oz sweet vermouth
- .5 oz Creme Yvette
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- 1 dash chocolate bitters
- 3 muddled black cherries
- ⅛ of a lemon
- freshly grated cinnamon
- Muddle cherries and lemon in a shaker tin.
- Add all liquids to shake with ice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain into rocks glass on top of ice cubes.
- Grate cinnamon over top.
- Garnish with cherry.
This drink is sure to get your customers buzzing. Served hot and hosting a nice combination of two aphrodisiacs, coffee and honey, this drink is definitely a great addition to any Valentine’s Day cocktail list.
- 1 ½ ounce Honey Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 ounce brown sugar simple syrup
- 4 ounces coffee
- whipped cream
- Mix equal parts brown sugar and hot water until the sugar is dissolved to make brown sugar simple syrup.
- Combine coffee, cream, simple syrup, and whiskey in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Strain into a glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
Go get frisky with these aphrodisiac cocktails and have a happy Valentine’s Day!
Schedule 15mins to chat with a product specialist
Start a FREE Trial Today! BevSpot offers full product education and account setup for all customers! No card Information needed!