BevSpot is committed to keeping all business and financial information collected from its customers on its website or otherwise confidential, secure and private.
Collection of Information
We do not collect any information unless you voluntarily provide it. However, you may be required to provide certain information when you elect a certain product or service. We will use your information for, but not limited to, providing the product or services in accordance with the terms of your Order/contract.
We collect the following types of personal and business information: your contact information (such as name, postal or email address, or phone number), company name and address, username and password, payment information such as checking account, credit or debit card details, information you provide by interacting with us through our BevSpot product and social media.
Use of Information
We will use your information to provide you the best product experience while using BevSpot. We may use your information to inform you of other products and services available from BevSpot or its affiliates. We may also use your information to contact you with regards to completing surveys, research, questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future products and services.
We and our affiliates, analytics or service providers, and select businesses with whom we have marketing relationships, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather non-sensitive demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual or aggregate basis. Further information is contained below.
Analytics & Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. When you visit our websites, we automatically collect the following types of information: information about the device you use to access the Internet (such as the internet protocol (IP) address, internet service provider (ISP) or mobile carrier, proxy server, device type, browser and add-ons, and operating system), referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, information on your shopping behavior on our website (e.g., page views, paths you take through our websites, etc.), general geographic location information (e.g., country or city) that shows where you are when browsing our websites, and search terms that you enter to reach our websites or enter on our websites to find products. We utilize analytics services and log files to help us track the efficacy of our websites, help us learn more about our customers’ and visitors’ behavior, and for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes. We may collect and summarize customer and visitor information in a non-personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technologies
Third-party advertising companies serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect information about you through cookies and/or web beacons on our websites and other sites, and then display targeted ads on various sites that you visit. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads. To opt out of third-party advertising or analytics, please see the section entitled “Your Choices” below.
How we use your data
We use your data to provide, support, personalize and develop our Services. We use the information that we have about you to provide and personalize, including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, our Services (including ads) so that they can be more relevant and useful to you and others. When providing direct services, advertising or marketing, or performing security, administrative, or customer service activities, we may use the information we collect in the following manner, including without limitation, to:
- Providing Direct Services
- complete a sales transaction,
- provide products and services that you request;
- Advertising and Marketing
- send you email updates, newsletters, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings;
- communicate with you about our products and services, and to customize our communications with you, including by identifying preferences you provide to us;
- analyze our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our website and products
- facilitate your acceptance of offers made by our third-party marketing partners;
- improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and/or
- to send follow-up communications thanking your for your business or inquiring as to your satisfaction.
- register and manage your account;
- improve our product and website experience.
- protect against error, fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- manage exposure to risk from unauthorized users;
- comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards.
- Customer Service Activities
- provide customer service when you need help and/or to improve customer experiences;
Sharing with 3rd Parties
BevSpot does not sell, rent or lease its customers information. BevSpot may share information when necessary with certain partners to complete services, introduce new services and perform statistical analysis including anonymizing and/or aggregating in combination with other data. All such 3rd parties are prohibited from sharing except to provide specific services and are required to maintain the confidentiality of all information provided.
BevSpot may disclose customer information: 1) if required to comply with legal process; 2) to protect and defend BevSpot’s rights; 3) in exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of its other users or the public.
BevSpot shall endeavor and shall take very precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices, and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of customer’s information under our control.
BevSpot owns or has rights to all intellectual property rights in and to the Services and Software (including all derivatives or improvements thereof). All suggestions, enhancements requests, feedback, recommendations or other input provided by Customer or any other party relating to the Services or Software shall be owned by BevSpot, and Customer hereby makes all assignments necessary to accomplish the foregoing ownership. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by BevSpot.
Customer owns any data, content, or material originated by Customer that Customer submits or provides in the course of using the Services (“Customer Data”). Customer Data does not include data which has been anonymized and/or aggregated and stored on a statistical basis or statistical data derived, in combination with other data within the Services, from Customer Data, which BevSpot may use without restriction. Customer shall be solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, content and legality of Customer Data, the means by which Customer Data is acquired and the transfer of Customer Data outside of the BevSpot Services. Customer represents and warrants that it has all rights necessary to upload the Customer Data to the Services and to otherwise have such Customer Data used by BevSpot as part of the Services.
Rights to access and control your personal information
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile to advertising opt-outs and communication controls.
You can contact us at email@example.com and/or our address (see below) to request any changes.
For personal/business information that we have about you, you can request the following:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: If you have created an account on our website, you can edit some of your personal data by logging into your retailer account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: you may contact BevSpot’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data be provided in machine readable form. You can also ask to review any of the information that we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it at any time by contacting us.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint; the Irish Data Protection Commissioner: You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority or BevSpot’s lead supervisory authority, the Data Protection Commission (DPC). For more information on how to contact the DPC or lodge a complaint, please visit https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Contact-us/b/11.htm.
Opting out of communications
We offer you choices about how to manage how we communicate with you.
- Email/Direct Mail: You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. You will continue to receive service-related emails (e.g. order status). To opt out of direct mail, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your postal address in the body of the email.
- Targeted Advertising: If you do not want information about your activity on our sites to be used for tailored advertising, please visit the page hosted by the Network Advertising Initiative and follow the instructions there.
- Cookies: You may disable cookies in your Web browser, but doing so will impact the usability of the website. We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Updating Your Profile: You may update or correct your personal/business information related to your account please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to requests within a reasonable timeframe. We retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, contractual statute of limitations, resolution of disputes, and enforcement of our agreements. Please note that we may not be able to delete all of your data upon request depending on the reasons above and the nature of your interactions.
How we protect your data
We monitor for and try to prevent security breaches. We implement appropriate security safeguards designed to protect your data. For example, electronic records are stored in secure, limited-access servers; electronic data is stored behind secured encryption access; we use technological tools like firewalls and passwords; and we ensure our employees are trained on the importance of maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, however, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, organizational, or managerial safeguards.
- SSL Technology. Our website uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number.
Lawful Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have a lawful bases to do so. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given it), contractual necessity (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to deliver Services you have requested)), and legitimate interests. Where we process data based on consent, we will ask for your explicit affirmative consent. We will rely on legitimate interests as a basis for data processing only where the processing of your data is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
At any time, you can withdraw consent you have provided by contacting us as set forth below, but that will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to such withdrawal. Where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
Our website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to create an account or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. No one under the age of 16 may provide any personal information to us, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us immediately.
Data Protection Officer
BevSpot is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, in the United States. BevSpot has appointed an internal data protection officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about BevSpot’s personal data policies or practices. BevSpot’s data protection officer’s name and contact information are as follows:
27-43 Woormwood Street
Boston, MA 02110
Phone: (617) 658-3123
Our Commitment to Compliance
View our GDPR Commitment to Compliance