Bottle service can rake in money, but at what cost?
There are so many things that make up a nightclub’s culture—from the quality of the drinks to the bartenders’ personalities, to the level of service. Providing bottle service is one way to create a sense of exclusivity. But, is bottle service worth it? We explain the costs and benefits of bottle service that is the nightclub staple.
The costs of running bottle service
Running a bottle service comes with more than financial costs.
- Physical space: You’ll need an area for the private tables with clear, set boundaries.
- Staffing: Each table will require an exclusive server for pouring and suggesting upsells, so you may need to invest in more servers and bar managing to meet the demand. Since bottle service operates on a “minimum spend” amount, more drinking can lead to rowdy behavior. A dependable security team is also a necessity.
The benefits of running bottle service
While it can be costly, there are also benefits of offering bottle service at your bar or nightclub.
- Guaranteed sales: The minimum spend cost guarantees a set, minimum profit amount per table each night. If you have a staff that can create a fun atmosphere for your guests and can upsell with ease, your tables will be booked week after week.
- Increased profits: Because it’s billed as a premium service, you can afford to set your bottle prices high. This will protect your bottom line, even when a table only spends the minimum.
- Show off your service: Bottle service lets patrons skip the lines and avoid the frenzy at the bar. By placing a dedicated server at each table, they can spend a little extra time creating a fun and inviting atmosphere for your guests, talk up different products, and hopefully increase sales past the minimum.
Special concerns and cares
Offering bottle service is definitely an undertaking that shouldn’t be taken lightly. As always, safety should be number-one. Keeping an eye on customers keeps your patrons and staff safe. With preparation, caution, and enthusiasm, bottle service can be a lucrative and fun addition to your business.
Schedule 15mins to chat with a product specialist
Start a FREE Trial Today! BevSpot offers full product education and account setup for all customers! No card Information needed!